Well yesterday was the big day! My firstborn graduated from high school and I couldn’t be more proud! I am sharing what I wore above. You guys really liked this dress which is funny because it wasn’t what I originally planned to wear. I bought this dress on Memorial Day weekend when I was actually shopping for a dress with my daughter to wear under her cap and gown. I also found a very cute kimono which is what I wanted to wear but when I thought about the Houston heat and humidity and figured my three daughters were wearing dresses (my younger daughters’ dresses were on clearance from Old Navy btw) too I thought I would go along with the theme. Flat sandals were necessary because there was lots of stairs and walking. This dress was comfortable and on trend and I absolutely loved the neckline. You will see I love details! And the best thing is the dress was 50% so I paid less than $15! I am wearing an extra large for reference because it is a body con style and I didn’t want it to be tight and to hug my lumps and bumps or be too tight across my chest because I do have large breasts and plus I wanted it long enough since I am tall. I really liked this dress and you will be seeing it again except next time with heels!
Now on to some advice I have gleaned living this thing called life that I shared with my daughter:
- Do it afraid – Whatever “it” is do it in spite of fear. Even if “it” fails, that doesn’t make you a failure. You just learn a lesson and one way that doesn’t work.
- Protect your heart, your mind and your body- Meaning don’t let people feed you their negativity, don’t let anyone mishandle your heart and don’t abuse your body because you only get one. I believe if you keep God first and remember you are His child it will help you make better decisions regarding all these aspects.
- Read a book(s) – Read one non-fiction book a month. It’s so important to feed your mind. Your knowledge is something no one can take away from you.
- Filter advice and opinions – Everyone will have something to say about everything – learn to listen but take only what you need.
- Forgive- Everyone makes mistakes and even though the relationship may not endure those mistakes learn to forgive AND move on so that you are not imprisoned by your past. Remember you will make many mistakes as well!
So I hope you are enjoying your Sunday and here are some more pics from the day.