Ruffle My Sweaters!

Sweater: Forever 21 Lippie: Avon: Superb Wine here

I love fashion because it is mostly just recycling what we used to wear before! Right now trends from the 90s are hot and one trend I wanted to try was the ruffle sweater.

Sock Booties – Shoedazzle

If you have looked lately tops and blouses these past few seasons have been all about adding feminine details whether it’s just a touch or boldly. I decided to just go with a touch but after styling this sweater I think I may be ready for the bold! Ruffle sweaters have been seen in all the online fashion sites and brick and mortar retailers. I took a gamble and picked this one up online from Forever 21 in a size large here. It was a gamble that paid off because I was afraid it would not be the best quality considering the price. I was also afraid I wouldn’t fit it properly due to my larger chest. I am happy to say the material is great, not thin but not too thick for Houston’s “fall” weather. And this is from Forever 21’s contemporary line which runs a little larger so it fit just right. I will say I have a long torso and I am y’all so it was ALMOST cropped so I made sure to wear my Fashion Nova high waisted jeans. Are you loving all the ruffles and bell sleeves being featured on blouses this season? Do you remember this trend from the 90s?

CglYYedUcAAyBmL
SMILE!

I am loving it!!! (well the updated version!)

And for all who have asked for details about my hair on my social media pages it’s a half wig which I purchased here. And here is a link for the video I followed to achieve this style. Thank you for the compliments! And if you would like to see a video or blog post about my wigs and why and how I wear them let me know in the comments below because I would be happy to make one1

Love Ricki

10 thoughts on “Ruffle My Sweaters!

1. Ranisha November 14, 2017 / 5:30 pm

Yes plz blog post on the wigs plz! Loving that ruffle sweater too, you always poppin ❤

• rickiloves November 14, 2017 / 5:38 pm

Thank you boo and I really think I will make a video about my wig collection lol!❤️

2. Nancy November 14, 2017 / 6:01 pm

Yes! Love all things ruffle and girly! I too love the way you change your hair! So yaass a wig blog/tutorial would be great sister!

• rickiloves November 14, 2017 / 6:04 pm

Awww thank you! I will be working on a video soon!❤️

3. ontheevestyle November 14, 2017 / 7:31 pm

Super cute look and yes i love all things ruffles and stripes! Cute fall look! I’m not a wig girl but i can learn to be lol

• rickiloves November 14, 2017 / 9:21 pm

Thank you boo!!! Girl I love to change it up with a good ole wig! Maybe after the video you’ll want to give it a try lol

4. Kimberly November 15, 2017 / 5:35 am

Ricki, great post! And I love your hair. Thanks for leaving the link to how you did it. That photo of Jerry Seinfeld in the ruffled shirt made me laugh.

Liked by 1 person

• rickiloves November 15, 2017 / 5:37 am

I must have hollered when I saw that pic of a Jerry!!! Thank you! And thank you for reading and commenting!!!❤️