The Power of Red

So I think I’ve mentioned before I used to hate the color red when I was younger. It is my mother’s favorite color and she CONSTANTLY dressed myself and my siblings up in it. She even bought us the ALL red Reebok high top shoes which I secretly despised. But what can you do when you’re 8 yrs old? So I had no choice but to go with it. I actually avoided wearing a lot of red during my teenage years and thru my twenties and early thirties. I am now embarrassed to say I completely understand why my mother loved the color red so much. Sorry Mama.

Sweater- H&M / Pants-Boohoo / Shoes-Sam Edelmen (thrifted)

Earrings-H&M / Lippie-Too Faced Liquid Lipstick in Lady Balls (how appropriate!)

I guess I was too young or hadn’t been thru enough life experiences to completely understand the power that comes from this emotion provoking color. The color red is said to represent strength, power, passion, determination and love. It can even raise your blood pressure!!! (Per Colorwheel pro.com) No wonder this color is trending so much this season. Especially in women’s fashion when the current powers that be want to demean women and minimize our qualifications and capabilities. I love the color because it makes me feel empowered and sexy. Those are feelings I didn’t recognize or experience until I became “seasoned” thru life’s ups and downs. Now I wear this color with confidence! I hope you give the color red a try this season, not just because of how you may look in it, but how it makes you feel!

Love Ricki

10 thoughts on “The Power of Red

1. Nancy Rodriguez December 6, 2017 / 12:34 am

I love red! Although purple is my fave, I love me a red lip and dress! Looks fabulous on you!

Liked by 1 person

• rickiloves December 6, 2017 / 12:57 am

Thank you so much sis!!! I love purple too lol!

2. ontheevestyle December 6, 2017 / 2:26 am

Oh you are wearing this red honey! I.T was never one of my fav colors either but I think I need a red suit now lol

Liked by 1 person

• rickiloves December 6, 2017 / 2:28 am

Do it sis!!! You would look gorgeous in it!!!♥️

3. Derrick Deal December 6, 2017 / 3:42 am

Great article. Red and black is my favorite color combination. It’s a combination of power, classiness, and sexy. Always a winning combination. Great post!

Liked by 1 person

• rickiloves December 6, 2017 / 3:46 am

Thank you friend!!! I am loving red at the moment for all those reasons!!!

4. Kimberly December 6, 2017 / 6:46 pm

I never thought much about how powerful a color can be. You wear it well!

Liked by 1 person