The Comfort Zone

So this started off as a post sharing my last minute holiday look in this gorgeous Eva Mendes by NY&Company dress. However how many of y’all know when we make plans God laughs! Yeah so I decided that I wanted to venture out and instead of taking pictures at my normal spot, which is a hidden park, I went to a busy shopping center in our city. Lawd! It was all a great idea in my head until my daughter, my photographer for the day, and I arrived at the location. I cannot lie y’all!!! I was scared!!! I was already dressed, face beat to the gods but with all eyes on me I was ready to run for the hills. This was a BIG step for me because I am an introvert and I am not comfortable being the center of attention.

Dress and Earrings- NY&Company

[ Fur Stole – Forever21

Well with the help of my hype man a.k.a. My child I had to get over it and on with it because she was not here for my antics. She told me I was a grown woman and I looked good so why wouldn’t people look? Well after that boost of confidence (laugh and side eye at the same dang time!) I had to go ahead shake off my fears and work for the camera! And you know what? I love the way these pictures turned out! So coming out of your comfort zone can reap major rewards! I even had a sweet woman stop me on the street and tell me I looked good and she hoped I took pictures. I explained I did and I was a blogger (I actually said that out loud?) and she immediately asked me for my IG name and followed me! Ain’t God good? He will give you confirmation AFTER you take that step of faith! BUT you got to take that step!

So let me quickly spill the tea on this dress! It’s velvet and gorgeous!!! It really did help me to feel beautiful and confidently take these pictures. I will say it was an act of God to get the wrinkles out but it was so worth it! And I told y’all this fur scarf/stole would be making an appearance on the blog! It helped to make the outfit even more glamorous! If you can’t run out to purchase a new outfit for a last minute function a new accessory is the perfect way to change up an old look. Get you a fur hunny and you will turn any outfit up several notches! I went with minimal jewelry since the dress and fur were dramatic enough. And because this dress is floor length I wore low heels and you couldn’t even tell but you would be able to dance all night if you needed to! I hope you enjoy the pictures and the post and more than anything I pray you step out of your comfort zone!!! Your dreams could be on the other side!

Love Ricki

28 thoughts on “The Comfort Zone

1. tom December 21, 2017 / 1:35 am

Agree. This is one gorgeous dress and you make it shine

Liked by 1 person

2. CarmensMakingThisHouseAHome December 21, 2017 / 1:36 am

You look stunning! I know the introvert feeling but I would’ve never knew that while looking at your photos! Way to own that dress & photo shoot 💕

Liked by 1 person

• rickiloves December 21, 2017 / 3:17 am

Thank you so much!!! I was about to have a panic attack lol but thanks to my daughter I made it thru!

Liked by 1 person

3. Nancy December 21, 2017 / 2:31 am

Girl you totally rocked it! Beautiful pictures too! I’ve yet to make it out of my back yard, but you’re right, we need to step out of our comfort zone!

Liked by 1 person

• rickiloves December 21, 2017 / 3:16 am

Do it!!! Once that camera starts clicking you forget who’s watching anyway! Thank you sis!

4. ontheevestyle December 21, 2017 / 2:32 am

Girl this post and this dress! Amazing!! I am so proud of you sis! That leap of faith was everything!!!

Liked by 1 person

• rickiloves December 21, 2017 / 3:16 am

Thank you sis!!! I was really nervous but I’m glad I did it!!!

5. Derrick Deal December 21, 2017 / 3:54 am

In an era when most ladies on the web have no problem leaving nothing to the imagination, your modesty and gracefulness are a fresh wind. Not only are you beautiful, you have embodied the meaning of your phrase, “Seasoned Never Tasteless”. Asé Queen.
    #proverbs31

Liked by 1 person

• rickiloves December 21, 2017 / 3:59 am

Awwww thank you so much sis!!!♥️♥️♥️

6. Cynthia Harrison December 21, 2017 / 4:58 am

Y’all I know a Movie Star…Hey Beautiful woman

Liked by 1 person

• rickiloves December 21, 2017 / 5:16 am

Hey Ms Cynthia!!! Thank you!!!♥️♥️♥️

7. Kit December 21, 2017 / 5:31 am

You look amazing your make-up flawless. The dress is stunning and you’re wearing it well. If you take one step JC will do the rest and you proved that today.

Liked by 1 person

• rickiloves December 21, 2017 / 5:34 am

You are sooo right!!! Thank you so much!!!♥️

8. Chris December 27, 2017 / 9:37 pm

Jeeeezzzz U look good tho!!! Wow, just breathtaking. U look stunning in this dress and what a showstopper. Hell I woulda stared good and long and maybe tried to talk to you but probably nothing but mumble would have come out lol!! U look so elegant in a gown and u have such hot shape I might add. 😉 Would love to see you style more like this. x x x

Liked by 1 person

9. Kashia January 4, 2018 / 1:20 pm

OMG! I’m so proud of you. I go to city centre all the time and I know how crowed that place can get. I would have been nervous myself. I’ve taken pictures there with my husband and he says the same things. He don’t have time to care what people think…I think the more you do it, the more normal you’ll feel. If I were you, I would keep business cards on me. As soon as someone says something, give them your card. More followers and more potential clients. That’s just my business mind. Have an awesome year!

Liked by 1 person

• rickiloves January 4, 2018 / 3:09 pm

Oookkkkaayy!!! That’s a great idea! Thank you so much!